A few Frequently Asked Questions.......
1. If we do an onsite wedding ceremony, where would it take place?
- Ceremonies are held either by the pool or on the patio outside. For inclement weather, the ceremony is held inside in the main room. For large groups on inclement weather days, the ceremony may be held in the tented area.
2. How long are the receptions?
- We plan all receptions to be five hours for the Standard Package and five and 1/2 hours for the Deluxe Package. All weddings must end by 11 PM ( bar is closed and entertainment is completed).
3. Where does the dancing take place?
- All after-dinner dancing takes place in the main dining room at the Inn, not under the front tent. Part of the charm of the Inn is that is located in a quiet beach neighborhood; where we have been having great celebrations for over 35 years while still being respectful of our neighbors.
4. Can we alter the menu in the package?
Yes of course! In fact, we love working with our wedding party to design the perfect and unique menu. Generally, after booking the Inn for your reception, we will schedule a meeting to plan your exact menu. We will provide numerous dinner and hors d'oeuvre suggestions. We consider the package menus to be very complete; however it is possible to add additional items or make substitutions that may add slightly to the original price. Once we have a completed menu, we will prepare a catering contract that includes the menu and the contracted price. These prices are guaranteed unless noted otherwise.
5. If we add a rehearsal dinner or brunch, how is that charged?
- There would be a per guest charge for food, service and alcohol. We have many rehearsal dinner menu options available.
6. How do we book a date, and what about cancellations?
To book a date at the Inn, we require a deposit equal to the Site Fee. If there is a cancellation, the deposit (net of $500) will only be returned if we are successful in re-booking the Inn for your original date.
7. Why should we choose the Dennis Inn?
- By choosing the Dennis Inn, you have the unique opportunity to have a "home" for your Wedding activities. Guests routinely comment about the gracious "Cape Cod" flavor of the Venue and the casual yet classic feel of the Inn. We strive to create for you and your guests the reception that YOU want: from the ceremony to the menu, to the layout of the space and to the flow of the event. We completely understand that on your wedding day, it truly is "all about you"!
Please feel free to contact us with additional questions. Of course if you are interested in having your reception and/or ceremony at the Dennis Inn, the next step would be to plan a visit. We prefer to do this by appointment so that we can allocate the proper amount of time and avoid any conflicts. To set up a date to visit us, please email us at celebrate@theDennisInn or call us at 508-385-6571. We never tire of meeting couples, answering all their questions, and giving a tour of the Inn.